Wednesday, May 16, 2012

for Hershey, the chocolate lab


Linda Kunsman writes "I knew I wanted to start making some flags eventually but what I didn't know was that the first flag I'd make would also be in loving memory of the loss of a pet. My friend Trina adopted Hershey, a gorgeous chocolate field spaniel, from a couple who weren't able to care for her due to their busy schedules.

Unfortunately Hershey's health began rapidly declining a few months ago, and anyone who has had to experience making the decision to end the pain and suffering can understand what a heart-wrenching decision it can be. Towards the end, Hershey spent time at the beach with Trina- a place they both love. I was able to spend one of the weekends along with them and Hershey truly looked and felt better tho we knew deep down she was still suffering. Trina made her peace with her decision and with her beloved dog and ended her suffering. Here was my gift in memory of Hershey:


the back 
"Through love, through friendship, a heart lives more than one life."
                                                                     Anais Nin

2 comments:

  1. what an awesome tribute to a pet! really tugged at my heart strings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful flag, Linda! Your quote made me want to cry.

    ReplyDelete